Gerardo Sandoval, Comic book aritst
- People: My beautiful son and lovely wife
- Music Pantera, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Kiss, and The Beatles
- Art Anything in 3D Movies and video games
- Cartoon The Powerpuff Girls
- Actors Jack Nicholson, Robert De Niro, and Scarlett Johansson
- Film The Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Once Upon a Time in America
- Writers Frank Miller, Quentin Tarantino, and Gary Jennings
- Games Metal Gear 4, Call Of Duty 5, Guitar Hero Metallica, and Pes 2011
Pencils, my PC, and Wacom table.
This is a complicated job. Please remember this is not a hobby; it is not about being a comic “rock-star,” or going to Comic Cons to sign books for fans. This is a very difficult profession, and what we do is produce comic books on tight deadlines. Our job is to finish our books on time. The best advise I can give, if you want to be part of the comic industry, is you need several skills: talent, speed, and of course self-criticism. Because around you are hundreds of very talented artists looking to achieve the same goal as you. So you need to be the best. Practice — a lot of practice — and be honest about your artwork. Once you have done this, create a website and show your artwork online. You never know who may see your art. My big break was being hired by Marvel Comics. The Marvel Comics talent hunter noticed my work in my Twitter and Facebook accounts and got in touch with me. The rest is history.